DSSSB (Delhi Sub-ordinate Services...) Exam for JE
What is DSSSB Recruitment?
The full form of DSSSB is Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board. It organizes state-level recruitment exams for various posts every year under the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCT of Delhi). DSSSB conducts the recruitment drive for the various posts given below: –
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Assistant Engineer (Civil)
- Assistant Engineer (Engineer)
- Assistant Teacher (Primary)
- Assistant Teacher (Nursery)
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (LDC)
- Head Clerk
- Patwari etc.
The candidates must be between 17 to 32 years of age to apply for various posts under DSSSB Recruitment 2022.
The selection procedure for the DSSSB Recruitment 2022 involves three stages-
- One Tier Exam
- Two-Tier Exam and
- Skill Test wherever applicable
The educational qualification required for various posts under the DSSSB Recruitment 2022 is tabulated below:
Name of the Post
· The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification with computer proficiency.
· The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any stream to apply for this post.
· The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in psychology or applied psychology.
· The candidate must hold a Diploma in Engineering in Relevant Branch
· The candidate must hold a B.Tech or B.E degree in Relevant Branch
DSSSB Recruitment Eligibility Criteria: Age Criteria
The age criteria for the various posts under the DSSSB Recruitment 2022 is as follows:
Name of the Post
Maximum Age Limit
Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT)
Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)
Assistant Teacher (Primary)
Assistant Teacher (Nursery)
Junior Secretarial Assistant (LDC)
DSSSB Recruitment 2022: Age Relaxation
The DSSSB provides age relaxation to the candidates who fall into one of the following reserved categories:
Period of Military Service+3 Years
Note: – The Examination questions will be bilingual (Hindi & English) except for the Language papers which would be in the language concerned only.
SYLLABUS: (for One Tier and Two-Tier Examination Schemes:
One Tier (G/T) Examination: –
(i) General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society. The questions will be designed to test knowledge of Current Events and of such matter of everyday observation as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to History, Polity, Constitution, Sports, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, Everyday Science, Scientific Research, National/International Organizations /Institutions etc.
(ii) General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability: The syllabus of General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal types. Test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship, concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc.
(iii) Arithmetical & Numerical Ability: The test of Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities will cover Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Data Interpretation, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs etc.
(iv) Hindi Language & Comprehension and English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidate’s understanding and comprehension of the English and Hindi Languages, questions on its Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage etc. would also be covered.
SECTION B (Applicable only for one Tier Technical only):
Post specific subject related questions: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions on the subject concerned as per the qualification prescribed in the Recruitment Rules for the post.
Two Tier Examination Schemes:
- Syllabus of TIER-I Exam will be same as of One Tier exam.
- Syllabus of TIER-II Exam:
Part-I (MCQ/Objective type)
(i) General Intelligence & reasoning ability – same as in One Tier exam but with slightly higher level
(ii) Quantitative Aptitude – In addition to Arithmetical and Numerical Abilities as in tier-I with slightly higher level, there will be questions on data interpretation & Analysis.
(iii) General Awareness in addition to topics given for Tier-I there shall be question on history, culture, demography, geography & economy of Delhi, Administrative set up and Governance in NCT of Delhi, various schemes of Delhi Govt.
(iv) English language & Comprehension – same as in Tier-I but with slightly higher levelPart – II: (Descriptive)
(ii) Letter writing
Note:- This exam scheme belongs to earlier notification by DSSSB. In the new notification the post code 1/19 & 2/19 is replaced by Junior Engineer. Post code 3/19 to 7/19 is replaced by Assistant Engineer.
- Negative Marking will be applicable and deduction of 0.25 marks will be made for each wrong MCQ answer.
- The minimum qualifying marks for one Tier/Two Tier written examination (Objective/Descriptive Type) is as under (pls. refer notification dated 26/04/2013 available on the website of the Board): –
- General :40%
- OBC (Delhi) :35%
- SC/ST/PH (PwD) :30%
- Ex-servicemen will be given 5% relaxation in their respective categories subject to a minimum of 30%.
- The Board reserves its right to prescribe a minimum cut off mark for any post as per availability of candidates.
- Candidates numbering 6 to 10 times of vacancies will be called for Tier – II examination subject to number of vacancies / applicants.
- Skill test / Endurance test will be taken as per requirement of job.
- In Two Tier examinations, Tier I exam to be used for short listing only. Selection will be made on the basis of marks obtains in Tier II Examination.
- The Board at its discretion may dispense with the Tier-I exam and directly conduct the Tier-II examination in case the number of eligible candidates/applicants for the post codes whose examination schemes are Two Tier is lesser in number (i.e. not very high).
How to Apply Online for DSSSB Recruitment 2022?
Given below are the steps to apply for the DSSSB Recruitment 2022:
Step 1: Online Registration Process or Login
- Visit the official website of DSSSB.
- Click on the link ‘DSSSB Recruitment Online Application’.
- Register yourself by filling up the required details such as the Name, Date of Birth, email address and mobile number.
- On successful registration, the candidate will receive the registration number and password.
Step 2: Filling up the Application Form
- Login using the registration number and password.
- Fill up the application form giving out the personal, category, educational, and job experience details.
- Recheck the details carefully.
Step 3: Upload the Documents & Fee Payment
- Upload the scanned copies of the latest passport-size photograph and signature of the candidate in the format specified.
- Review the application form after filling out all of the required fields.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Pay the application fees online via SBI e-pay option.
- Take a printout of the application form for future references.
DSSSB Recruitment 2022 Application Fees
The application fee for the various categories for the DSSSB Recruitment 2022 is tabulated below:
General and OBC
Women/ SC/ ST/ PH/ Ex-Servicemen